Fitness magazines start talking about bikini bodies in February. Despite my sunny California living, I don’t start thinking about being in public in a swimsuit until… now. It’s never too late! I’ll be svelte in my sweaters!
I’m ok at diet-y foods when I’m cooking for myself, but I always like to find new ways to mix up my lunches (for work, where the temptation is). Wraps are, of course, not a new concept but because I’m used to tortillas equaling burritos, I’ve never actually made them myself. What a mistake! Here’s a super simple wrap I’ve started to make for my lunches- healthy, tasty and work-ready.
Healthy Ham Tortilla Wraps
1 tortilla (flour pictured, but I’ll likely buy a whole wheat version from now on)
dijon mustard (I found this new version of Grey Poupon pictured above and it’s fantastic-creamy and mild and no calories or fat. Of course, there’s nothing else in there either- but that’s what vegetables are for.)
ham slices (I used three slices.)
handful of lettuce
– Very important: It is my opinion that you should NEVER use a tortilla straight out of the fridge. Fridge tortillas are sticky and dry, but warmed tortillas are soft, smooth and pliable. I throw mine into my toaster oven for a few minutes, but you can also warm them up in a frying pan on medium heat (flip over once or twice). In order to know the tortilla is warmed up, look for small bubbles starting to form.
– Spread the dijon mustard on your warmed tortilla. Add slices of ham, the handful of lettuce and cheese.
– To close the wrap, fold up each ‘end’ and then roll the tortilla around the ingredients into a burrito shape. Easy! If you’re transporting, you may want to use a toothpick to hold it together before you wrap it in foil- just don’t forget it’s there. YUM!
(PS- I don’t just eat three apple slices. That would be absurd.)
Latest posts by Carla (see all)
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad with Homemade Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette - March 27, 2018
- Vietnamese Lemongrass Meatballs - January 19, 2018
- A Look at Don Q Gran Anejo Rum - January 11, 2018