While I was perusing the skin care section on Sephora online, I came across this fun little face mask by Korres. Sure, I could fork over $45 to buy that tiny jar. OR, I could make my very own moisturizing face mask at home.
The great thing about using an ingredient like Greek yogurt is that it’s natural, easy to pick up at the market with your every day groceries, and legitimately good for your skin. The yogurt contains lactic acid, a gentle exfoliator that will help to clean your pores. Along with the milk fat in the yogurt, adding honey (a natural humectant) helps to moisturize your skin. (And if you really want an extra punch of exfoliation, feel free to add a heavy squirt of fresh lemon juice. The Vitamin C and acids it contains will really slough off the surface of your face, but definitely exclude this addition if your face is sensitive. It has the potential to burn.)
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt (full fat)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- optional: one squeeze of lemon juice
- Combine yogurt and honey in a small dish (including lemon juice, if desired).
- Apply to face with fingertips or a wide brush.
- Leave on your face for 15 minutes.
- Remove with a warm water and a wet washcloth.
- I learned the brush trick from a facial a few years ago! It feels luxurious, helps to smooth the mask on your face and provides the most even coverage. This brush is an old foundation brush by Benefit, bought in a moment of weakness considering I don't wear foundation. (If you want to try this application technique, I found this inexpensive option with a similar shape!)
Latest posts by Carla (see all)
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Dulce De Leche Filling - September 25, 2016
- California Cling Peach Salsa with Grilled Pork Chops - August 22, 2016
- DIY Floral Ring Dish - August 7, 2016