When we host dinner parties, I love to have a cocktail ready upon our guests’ arrival. People are always tickled pink when we have fun cocktail stirrers or garnishes, and I’m really excited to use these sequined swizzle sticks in the upcoming month. It’s the perfect time of year for parties and cocktails. Add a cute little black dress, some fun hors-d’oeuvres, and you’re ready to host a great holiday party.
These swizzle sticks are sparkly and extra-fancy for the holidays. They do take some time to make, but they’re fairly inexpensive. And you could always replace the stick part and reuse the sequined ball component of you find the sticks aren’t holding up to repeated washes.
My goodness, did you have any idea that you can get sequins in such a variety of colors? There are so many possiblities; make these in red and green for Christmas, black and silver for New Year’s Eve, or red and white for Valentine’s Day. Mine accidentally have a little bit of a Mardi Gras theme, but that’s just because I really love purple. Your guests will appreciate them, and it will make it easier to identify your drink! Oh, and these would be absolutely adorable as cupcake toppers as well.
If you love the way these look but don’t feel like making them yourself, check out our Etsy shop where you can buy them instead!
- 2 feet of strung single-strand sequins (per swizzle stick)
- 1-inch foam balls (1 per swizzle stick)
- 6-10 inch wooden skewers, depending on how tall you want them to be (1 per swizzle stick)
- glue gun and glue sticks
- Spear the center of the foam ball with the pointy end of the skewer.
- Using the glue gun, anchor the very end of the sequin strand on the foam ball at the base of the skewer. Trim any loose ends of string.
- Draw a thin line of hot glue around the base of the skewer and wrap the sequins around the foam ball. Continue wrapping until you cover the entire foam ball. You should glue the last sequin in place at the very top of the foam ball. (see image below for a visual aid)
- You may need to pull off any hot glue strings and clean up the ball part a little bit.