The next time you have coffee beans that are past their prime, don’t throw them away! Turn them into this fantastic body scrub to slough away dull winter skin and get ready for spring and summer’s bare shoulders and shorter skirts. This body scrub smells good enough to eat and leaves your skin feeling silky smooth and hydrated. Seriously, I used this on my hands six hours ago and I can’t stop touching them because they’re so soft! And this scrub will leave you smelling like coffee, honey and vanilla for a few hours! That may not be for everyone, but I certainly enjoyed it.
In addition to the exfoliating properties of the ground coffee beans, the caffeine supposedly helps reduce the appearance of cellulite. Bonus! Both the honey and olive oil have antioxidants and are excellent natural moisturizers. Honey also helps fight acne, so if you have any issues with “bacne” in the summer months then this scrub might help you with that as well. The vanilla is an optional ingredient to make the scrub smell extra-amazing. Feel free to omit it out if you want to save your vanilla for baking.
This is meant to be a body and hand scrub only, so please don’t use it on your face. The coffee grounds can be a bit harsh on sensitive skin, so use cautiously if you have had issues with scrubs in the past. Also, don’t use a scrub on your skin more than a few times a week, as too much exfoliating can actually encourage acne and dry skin.
p.s. I went to a coffee shop after making this body scrub and they had a honey latte! I couldn’t pass it up. And it was DELICIOUS.
- 1/2 cup very finely ground coffee
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Combine the ingredients thoroughly. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month (refrigeration not necessary).
- To use, use moist hands or a damp wash cloth to scoop a small amount out of the container. Apply in a circular motion to wet skin. Rinse thoroughly. Be sure to wash away any grounds from the floor of your shower so they don't stain.
- This is meant as a hand and body scrub only, so please do not use on your face. May irritate sensitive skin. Do not use more than 2-3 times per week.