I’ve always been a vanilla kind of girl. I’ll pick a vanilla cupcake over red velvet any day. As a kid, my sister would branch out with Black Cherry and Butter Pecan ice cream cones, but of course I’d get vanilla. She might have thought I wasn’t getting much out of my cone, but she seriously had no clue. Sure, vanilla is a simpler flavor, but in my opinion “simple” means comforting AND full of flavor. If you’re using Vanilla as a synonym for boring, you’re doing it wrong. Vanilla is ANYTHING but boring.
When Coffee-Mate put out the word that they have two vanilla flavors (Classic Vanilla and French Vanilla), I was already a fan. Their vanilla creamers remind me of the years when I was living with two close friends and their two little boys, running on cups of coffee spiked with sweet vanilla cream. This delicious Double Vanilla Cream Coffee is a nod to those exciting, fast-paced days.
Think of vanilla as a sensory experience- it’s subtle flavor and aroma are the perfect complement to the boldness of coffee. For this recipe, I chose the French Vanilla creamer since it’s especially creamy. The flavor is driven by sweet marshmallow and vanillin notes- which make it gloriously aromatic. YUM.
- a half pint (8 oz) heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste (or real vanilla extract)
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 8 oz (1 cup) hot coffee
- 2 tablespoons Coffee-Mate French Vanilla Creamer
- Using a mixer (either stand or hand), whip the cream and vanilla paste/extract until soft peaks form.
- Whip in sugar, added a little bit at a time.
- Pour coffee into your mug and add your Coffee-Mate French Vanilla Creamer. Stir.
- Top with a generous dollop of vanilla whipped cream.
- When whipping your cream, start with a cold bowl! This makes the process go quicker.
- Be careful not to over-whip as the cream will start to thicken.
While testing the right flavor mix for this recipe over the last few weeks, I’ve had SEVERAL cups of this amazing deliciousness. I continue to top the whole thing with sprinkles even when I’m not photographing it- why not? I like these nonpareil sprinkles best because they remind me of ice cream- plus, did you know that nonpareil means “without equal” in French? That’s some serious endorsement right there.
Oh, and if for some reason you skimp on whipped cream in your coffee (shame!), it’s easily stored in the refrigerator for a day or two in an airtight container.
Edited to add this amusing Instagram update:
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Latest posts by Carla (see all)
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad with Homemade Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette - March 27, 2018
- Vietnamese Lemongrass Meatballs - January 19, 2018
- A Look at Don Q Gran Anejo Rum - January 11, 2018