My mom has short, very curly hair. When I got married, she wanted to do something to dress up her look but couldn’t put her hair in an updo. I made her a few little hair combs lined with a row of sparkly Swarovski crystals so she could make her outfit a little bit fancier.
These pretty little beaded hair accessories are a fun and customizable way to add some sparkle to your look. And you can make a hair accessory just in time for New Year’s! The sparkle is subtle but really lovely when it catches the light. Match your outfit or just make a clear one to go with everything. Black is also a beautiful but really understated option.
What you’ll need:
a wire hair comb
thin wire in the same color as the comb (around 24 gauge)
wire cutters and needle-nose or round-nose pliers
small beads (I used 4mm crystals)
What to do:
1. Cut the wire to about 5x the length of your hair comb.
2. Tether one end of the wire to the comb by wrapping it around an end tine of the comb.
3. Thread a bead on the wire. Position it where you want it on the comb and wrap the wire around the comb to secure it.
4. Continue stringing beads and wrapping them until you’ve covered the comb.
5. Wrap the wire around the opposite end of the comb to secure the wire. Cut off any excess wire.