This week we had a heat wave. Highs of 103 during the day meant that the inside of the house (where we don’t leave the AC on if we can help it) reached about 88. It’s actually pretty incredible how 88 suddenly feels cool when you’ve come in from temps over 100!
Cooler evenings cry out for outdoor celebrating so when Izze sent over some of their new Organic Sparkling Water with matching nail polish, I knew it was the perfect time to invite folks over for a night of fun snacks and primping.
Snacks, nails and a new tasty beverage- what more could you want?
One of my sisters has been job-hunting recently. A few weeks ago I went through my polish stash and found a couple of great shades to supplement her meager collection. (I’m hoping she won’t mind if I tell you that she is still using pale pink pearlescent polish from somewhere around 2001.) When she saw the bold, bright colors Izze provided she was so excited!
But let’s talk about these new Sparkling Waters. USDA Organic certified with great flavor combinations (how can you choose a favorite?) really rounded out the night- their bright fruit flavor added bold taste to the evening.
Even my nieces got in on the action- smart girls.
It took several bottles to decide on our favorite flavors- in fact it turned out to be pretty impossible. The Raspberry Watermelon is ridiculous- and since it can be tough to find watermelon flavored beverages, it was a total standout. Mandarin Lime brings excellent citrus flavors and Blackberry Pear is so subtle and fruity.
Here are a couple ideas for throwing your own Friendsday Night Manicure Party!
– some Izze USDA Organic Sparkling Water, chilled and set out on ice
– a couple bottles of bright nail polish
– manicure accessories like nail files, cotton pads and polish remover (here’s my new favorite from Zoya– smells DELICIOUS, if you can believe it)
– snacks: popcorn, pretzels, ice cream, cookies
Have a ball chatting, making your nails pretty and treating yourself with great flavors- then let us know how your event turned out!
Thank you to Izze for sponsoring this post!
Latest posts by Carla (see all)
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad with Homemade Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette - March 27, 2018
- Vietnamese Lemongrass Meatballs - January 19, 2018
- A Look at Don Q Gran Anejo Rum - January 11, 2018