Looking for a healthy meal that’s light, simple, and comes together in no time at all? This salad is full of crunch and flavor thanks to mandarin oranges and a Garlic Lime Dressing.
Self-care is the name of my game these days. I’m remembering to cut myself some slack and find small ways to take better care of my body (and my family and the less fortunate and the Earth, etc. RINSE. REPEAT. You should see how long I stand at the Trash/Recycle/Compost bins- someone has to do it.) I figured you might be practicing in the same way, so I partnered with Izze to share a delicious, simple, bright salad inspired by their tasty Mandarin Lime Organic Sparkling Water.
You’ll need two kinds of citrus for this salad: limes for the dressing and mandarin oranges for the salad itself. We’ll be making a bunch of dressing since it’s so great to have on hand- I love it as a dressing on leafy salad, but it’s also great on grain/pasta salads or as a marinade. I tend to love acidic dressings, so hit the notes section in the recipe for some tips on how to cut the lime for a more mild version.
The Mandarin Lime Izze Organic Sparkling Water flavor is extra tasty with this salad, but you can’t really go wrong- grab any of the flavor options since this line also comes in Blackberry Pear and Raspberry Watermelon flavors. Each bottle has just the tiniest bit of organic cane sugar for an extra sweet note- it’s just enough. (I don’t know quite how they do it, but it’s a whole bunch of bright sweetness and STILL only 10 calories. Magic.)
If you haven’t tried hemp seeds yet, you really should- they’re so nutty and perfect for salads! Hemp is loaded with protein and essential fatty acids- plus it contains all nine essential amino acids. If you’re worried that you won’t get through a bag, don’t be. I also love them on yogurt and smoothies- you’ll be shopping for more in no time at all.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups Organic Baby Lettuce Mix
- 2 mandarins, peeled and segmented
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- Garlic Lime Dressing, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a jar. Seal tightly and shake until combined. Refrigerate and shake ingredients together before each use.
- Toss together lettuce, mandarin segments, seeds, and dressing to taste.
- For a milder dressing, reduce lime juice to two tablespoons.
Also- if you like mandarin oranges? GO CRAZY. I felt like two mandarins were the perfect amount for a serving, but last weekend I learned that one of my nieces has practically gone through one bag in a sitting. Look, there’s no judgment in self-care. YOU EAT AS MANY MANDARINS AS YOU WANT, OK? DO YOU.
For a light meal, I’d happily eat this salad by itself, but you could certainly top it with chicken or salmon for a more substantial dish. It’s even great as a side salad and thanks to the seeds it holds up well when you toss several servings in a bowl!
Thanks to Izze for sponsoring this post!
Latest posts by Carla (see all)
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad with Homemade Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette - March 27, 2018
- Vietnamese Lemongrass Meatballs - January 19, 2018
- A Look at Don Q Gran Anejo Rum - January 11, 2018