Earth Day is almost here! We’re partnering up with IZZE this month to give a few celebration suggestions that will get you outside, encourage some creative recycling, and help save our planet!
This Earth Day, gather some friends for a sweet celebration! Since Earth Day is specifically intended to support environmental protection, here a few ideas to get you and yours started saving our planet and honoring Mother Nature just a bit at a time:
- Look for community clean-ups in your town and attend! Here in California, beach and coastal clean-ups are regular occurrences. On Earth Day, many communities offer volunteer opportunities to pick up trash, execute trail maintenance, and more. It’s a great way to show up for the local outdoor spaces you use and enjoy!
2. Throw a Garage Sale! Recycling is more than newspapers and bottles- reusing household goods, furniture and clothes reduces our environmental impact since less new goods have to be made. Gather some items around the house, post a few signs, and get ready to share items that you’re no longer using with your friends and neighbors. Extra credit points if you share your earnings with your favorite Earth-focused organization!
Thinking that a garage sale seems too involved? Purge the items and donate them to a local charity instead so they can be used again!
3. Stop the flow of junk mail! Data suggests that over 100 million trees are cut down annually just to product junk mail you don’t even want to read. Visit earthday.org at this page to learn how to reduce the junk mail you receive.
4. Recycle your IZZE bottles… twice! Rinse out your empties, fill them with water and make an easy, colorful centerpiece!
All you need to get started? 5-ish clean IZZE bottles, scissors and some bright flowers! I used sunflowers and gerbera daisies for maximum joyful hues, but definitely feel free to pick your favorites. A sturdy flower is best so that the blooms last all night!
I elected to use 3-ish blooms per bottle. To measure the stems, hold them up next to the bottle and approximate how much you’d like sticking up out of the bottle’s neck. Then just snip!
Group the bottles together or line ’em up! Super cute either way. And don’t forget to set out some IZZE Sparkling Water and Sparkling Juice on ice- you’ll need it after your day of helping the Earth!
This post was created in partnership with IZZE. Thank you for supporting the brands who support us!
Latest posts by Carla (see all)
- Oat Milk Chai Latte - March 20, 2019
- Churro Marshmallow Squares - February 12, 2019
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad with Homemade Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette - March 27, 2018