This post has been sponsored by The Dannon Company and The J.M. Smucker Company. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Somewhat unbelievably, there was a time in my life where my mom worried I didn’t eat enough. Yes, I know- hard to imagine that this food blogger once inspired conversations about meal replacement shakes and secret spoonfuls of peanut butter, but it’s the truth. The one exception? Dannon Vanilla Yogurt. I LOVED IT. I could eat it (and often DID eat it) all day long. This yogurt has amazing texture, perfect slightly sour notes, and a fantastic vanilla-y taste.
That story is the whole truth whether you asked me today or ten years ago- and it’s what makes Dannon such a perfect natural partner for this recipe. In addition to yogurt, Smucker’s also provided their delicious Fruit & Honey Spread to top off this hearty, delicious overnight oat breakfast that is ready in a jiffy.
You know all about how much I love Dannon yogurt by now, but we should also talk about this Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Spread. When they say Fruit & Honey, well, that’s EXACTLY what they mean. The jar is full of ripe fruit and honey to sweeten, giving it a great, balanced flavor. We’re using the Triple Berry flavor in today’s recipe- it is thick and full of berry chunks, so good! You may also find a Strawberry or Blueberry Lemon flavor in the store – these are equally yummy and would be easy substitutions.
If you haven’t tried overnight oats yet, you really should get to it. Not only is it an easy method for a quick breakfast, but the finished oats are so soft and smooth- a completely different texture than cooking them! The below recipe is a perfect starter: creamy and flavorful, but won’t overpower the addition of Triple Berry spread.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup milk (your favorite variety or milk substitute, I used 2%)
- 1/2 cup Dannon Lowfat Vanilla Yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- prepared overnight oats
- 4 tablespoons Smucker's Fruit & Honey Triple Berry Spread
- 2 tablespoons Dannon Lowfat Vanilla Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons hemp seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a lidded jar, stirring thoroughly to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Add 1/2 cup of prepared overnight oats to the bottom of a bowl or shallow cup. Top with one tablespoon of Smucker's Fruit & Honey Triple Berry Spread and one tablespoon of Dannon Lowfat Vanilla Yogurt.
- Repeat another layer of oats and the remaining Triple Berry Spread.
- Top with a teaspoon of chia seeds and a teaspoon of hemp seeds.
Hemp seeds also have some great benefits. While not as crunchy as chia, hemp seeds have lots of protein- just what you want in a morning meal. In this recipe, they’re slightly nutty and sweet- offsetting the creamy texture of the oats nicely.
Of course, this recipe is also really flexible. Like a little more Fruit & Honey spread (like me)? Go for it. A bunch more yogurt? Yes, sir. Layer it up to suit exactly what you’re looking for in a simple breakfast.
If you’re searching for Dannon yogurt and Smucker’s Fruit & Honey spreads, head to your local Kroger store- I found mine at Foodsco.
Latest posts by Carla (see all)
- Churro Marshmallow Squares - February 12, 2019
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad with Homemade Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette - March 27, 2018
- Vietnamese Lemongrass Meatballs - January 19, 2018