This post has been sponsored by General Mills. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I have never met a cinnamon dessert I didn’t like and churros are DEFINITELY no exception. I’ve done a lot of things for churros- driven miles and miles, taken special restaurant trips, waited in line at Disneyland for about 45 minutes too long (pro tip: don’t decide you want a churro right before the evening show). But did you know that there’s a CEREAL? A CEREAL of tiny little mini churro deliciousness? In a tasty little mash-up, I partnered with Cinnamon Toast Crunch Churros cereal and Walmart on these crispy marshmallow squares. Make ’em- you won’t regret it.
So, first I’m going to establish my churro credibility just a bit with this photo of my very favorite San Diego churros- you have to go so close to the border to find them that you can see the Mexican flag flying on the drive in. I always get the dulce de leche dipping sauce too- hey, when you are into something you have to go all the way.
I’m a fan- I think that much is clear. This makes me feel uniquely qualified in encouraging you to go out and find some of the cereal- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Churros cereal is a perfect recreation of a churro with a satisfying crisp and crunch, lots and lots of cinnamon flavor, and it’s NEW. I picked mine up at Walmart- we have one of those Neighborhood Markets nearby. Have you been to one? I love the prices- lots and lots of my regular brands with great deals. I just moved before the holidays and had to re-purchase a lot of those everyday fridge essentials (like soy sauce and mustard) and I’m sure I saved a bundle buying them there. RECOMMEND.
As I was testing the recipe for these treats, I tried a version where I crushed up the cereal a bit. The squares were absolutely delicious, but I preferred keeping the churros whole for two reasons: first, they look really cute as tiny baby churros. And second- I found that the squares had great texture variety when kept whole.
This recipe makes a fast dessert that pairs this fun, new product in an accessible and delicious way. It’s easy as can be- the hardest part might be the stirring to melt the marshmallows! But don’t limit yourself to enjoying the cereal this way- I also ate it for breakfast in the “traditional” in-a-bowl-with-milk way and it was both yummy and nostalgic.
- 4 tablespoons butter plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 12 oz package marshmallows
- 6 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch Churros cereal
- Use one tablespoon of butter to butter a 13x9x2 sized pan. Set aside.
- Melt remaining four tablespoons of butter over medium low heat in a large saucepan. (I like to use a non-stick stockpot so I have lots of room to work with.)
- Add marshmallows and stir until incorporated with butter and melted completely.
- Add Cinnamon Toast Crunch Churros cereal and stir until coated evenly.
- Press mixture into the buttered pan, taking care to press down.
- Cool completely and cut into squares.
Since the Cinnamon Toast Crunch Churros cereal is so crispy, make sure you cut your squares with a nice sharp knife!
Hoping to find this product at your local Walmart? Just click HERE and you’ll be able to see where to buy!
Please tell me all about your churro love and your favorite churro experiences- and how much you love this Cinnamon Toast Crunch Churros cereal! I feel like I can be the president of its fan club. 🙂
Latest posts by Carla (see all)
- Oat Milk Chai Latte - March 20, 2019
- Churro Marshmallow Squares - February 12, 2019
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad with Homemade Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette - March 27, 2018