Alyssa & Carla is a blog written by two best friends from the San Francisco Bay Area and is all about food and travel, with some crafts and everyday life thrown in. You can reach them both at email@example.com!
A few facts about me:
- I went to an all-girls high school and LOVED it.
- I lived in Tokyo for 3.5 years. Unfortunately, my Japanese is limited to the essentials like instructing taxi drivers where to go, ordering beer in restaurants, and telling people how cute their babies are.
- My purse is always full of surprises. It currently holds 3 pairs of sunglasses (why??), animal crackers (I don’t have kids), and a measuring tape.
- I have a complicated relationship with air travel. I LOVE going places but am still a nervous flyer (although I hide it well).
- I started 4 businesses before the age of 18. Only 1 was a lemonade stand.
I spent A LOT of years working in banking, but it was never really my thing. (I’m more cameras and ceramics than currency, you know?) In my mid-20s I went back to school, switched careers and started a photography business– I like being busy.
If I’m not taking photographs, updating one of my several websites, visiting farmer’s markets to buy lots of organic chard, or sourcing grass-fed beef, you’ll probably find me reading magazines with boba tea in hand.
Besides the cheese love, here are a few things about me:
- I used to be really scared of goats. Now I’m just kinda sorta scared of goats.
- My first concert was to see Garth Brooks.
- I’m pretty sure any weather is flip-flop wearing weather.
- I’ve run 3 marathons and 7 half-marathons. I’m also kinda positive I hate running.
- My wardrobe almost exclusively consists of stripes, polka dots and the color black.
To find out more about my work, check me out at:
And definitely add me on Snapchat here!