There’s only so many ways that you can begin a blog post gushing about summer. I’m pretty sure I’ve hit the threshold, so let’s pretend I didn’t just gush by proxy in that last sentence and focus on the fact that portable dessert is HERE. Cool watermelon slices, drippy ice cream cones, ice box pies- all treats you can enjoy from the comfort of your own outdoor space.
These Cinnamon Chocolate Paletas are super simple (only 5 ingredients!), but full of flavor and perfect any time of day. You can totally jazz them up: drizzle on chocolate syrup, dip in roasted almonds or sprinkle extra cinnamon right on the popsicle itself. Or enjoy the sweet and spicy creaminess all on its own!
I debated for just a second if one whole cup of chocolate chips was too many. Just a second.
And then I realized I was just being silly.
- 2 cups Almond Breeze AlmondMilk Chocolate
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Cook through, stirring often until all chocolate is melted and ingredients are combined.
- Pour into ice pop molds and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- For some extra cinnamon credit, add a cinnamon stick to a saucepan with the Almond Breeze AlmondMilk Chocolate and let simmer for 10 minutes. Add all other ingredients and continue as above.
Hey, paleta, how you doin’?
A few extra tips:
The mixture is hot when it’s complete, so it works best if you allow it to cool for at least twenty minutes or so. Don’t let it sit for too much longer than that since it will make it harder to pour.
Speaking of pouring, transferring the mixture from the saucepan to a container with a spout helps for both cooling AND pouring into molds.
It’s no secret I’m a fan of Mexican chocolate and these paletas are the perfect hybrid: part frozen fudge pop, part sweet cinnamon chocolate.
This “Easy as Breeze” post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk. For more “Easy As Breeze” recipes made with five ingredients or less, visit Almond Breeze on Facebook, Twitter , Instagram and Pinterest.